Have a background in signal modulation research and development? Interested in being a part of the development of spiral-based modulation? If so, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information. Positions for which we are currently hiring appear below.
Astrapi Corporation is looking for a candidate for a FPGA Design Engineer to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Dallas, Texas to participate in the development activities for its satellite and ground based terrestrial communications mission.
We are working on building the cutting-edge end-to-end prototype & trial systems for satellite and ground networks. These will be used not only to prove out new technology ideas and features but also to provide a platform for early demonstrations with top tier customers around the world. We are looking for a self-starter and motivated individual who wants to take his/her technical experience to the next level. Someone who likes to combine practical hands-on work with new algorithmic approaches and fast development. You will be contributing to the latest ideas and developments in the wireless technology and working with world leading experts to shape the future of wireless communication.
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA (Flexible)
Start Date: 1-3 months
Full/Part Time – Permanent Employment or Consultant (on-site)
- You will be the principal FPGA engineer for the project and will be responsible for the FPGA software design at board-level and user terminals for the Astrapi Spiral Modulation mission.
- You will also work closely with the engineering team. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this position.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to: software development, firmware development, data analysis, and RF design.
- Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving.
- Identify requirements; participate in design & specification generation activities.
- Design and implement of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications.
- Generate creative, technically sound solutions and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments.
- Implement algorithms in FPGAs using Python® and C/CPP on Jupyter® based platforms.
- Participate in project management and planning activities.
- Contribute to Astrapi management and technical documentation for project reviews.
· Candidate should be living in the USA with a valid visa (no sponsorship available at present).
- B.S. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- 5+ years of experience with IP Core design and development for Telecommunication applications in a related industry or academia.
- Proven knowledge in VHDL/Verilog for FPGA development.
- Experience using industry standard FPGA synthesis tools, such as Xilinx Vivado/SDK to synthesize RTL code written in VHDL or Verilog into a working FPGA.
Experience with industry standard HDL simulators and functional verification tools:
- In-depth knowledge about processor interfaces, high-speed interfaces, high-speed memory subsystems.
- Multi-clock domain design.
- Debugging experience at the board, RTL, and simulation level.
- Experience in working with current telecommunication standards.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, scripting language and MS-Office.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- M.S. or higher in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Experience and contributions in one or more of the following telecommunications standards: 5GPP, SATCOM, etc.
- Experience with communication modem design and development.
- Experience in satellite communication.
- Demonstrated technical lead.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
David M. Shaw
Astrapi seeks an experienced engineer with a strong research background in signal modulation Digital Signal Processing (DSP) or related topics in order to make major contributions to a new form of signal modulation based on complex spirals. The position requires strong independent and team research abilities. Flexibility to changing tasks and assignments is key. A positive ‘get the job done’ attitude will be rewarded.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Development of simulation tools and prototypes in MATLAB related to spiral-based signal modulation
- Providing signal processing analytical support for research and systems projects
- Supporting demonstration projects
- Contributing to new patent filings
- A strong interest in early-stage innovation with potentially transformational implications
- Strong telecommunications engineering background, related to signal modulation
- Highly proficient programming skills in MATLAB
- Background in non-Linear Time Invariant (LTI) research a strong plus
Citizenship, Education, and Security Clearance
- Legal status to work in U.S. required. Citizenship and security clearance not required for current position.
- MS or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Will consider candidates without advanced degrees but showing a strong work R&D-related background.
David M. Shaw